Monday, June 16, 2014

Liebster Award!

The Undomestic Fangirl nominated my Blog for the "Liebster Award" yesterday. Thank you soooooo much! (Honestly, this is soo funny, since it's a German one! Yay!)
So, what's the fuss about? It's an award to spread the word about new blogs (and bloggers)

  • This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. 
  • It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?) --> yes ^^
  • It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people. It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work). 
  • The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)! 
  • Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned. (I'm not so sure if that is really the reason, they've got abandoned --> my opinion ^^v)
  • Variations have been made over time to the “rules”. Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!) Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”. It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture, in my opinion!

The rules:
  • List 11 facts about yourself. 
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you. 
  • Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment saying they've been nominated.  (I'd just looked at GFC)
  • Ask 11 new questions for your chosen nominees. 
  • You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
11 facts about me:
  1. I'm 25 years old
  2. I'm a graphic designer and I love it!
  3. I have two horses
  4. I read everywhere (at the bus stop, in the bathtub, in bed, on flights... well, you get the idea!)
  5. I love Pasta Alfredo (the one at the Cheesecake Factory)
  6. I always told people I would never buy an eReader, but I lied ;)
  7. I wrote a YA thriller in German and I'm looking for a publisher right now
  8. I live close to Frankfurt/Germany
  9. I'm addicted to See's Candy
  10. I'm dreaming about going to the BEA in New York next year
  11. I'm a shopaholic when it comes to books
The Undomestic Fangirl asked me following questions:

Name your top three phobias. 
Arachnophobia (Fear of Spiders), Acrophobia (Fear of Heights) and of course: Trypanophobia (Fear of Needles)

What do you wish you could say you discovered (thing/place/person)?
Hawaii

From all the books you've read, which is your least favorite? Why?
The Maze Runner. This book really annoyed me (And I know: I'm the only person in the world, disliking this book). Every time the protagonist asked a question the answer was: We can't tell you! You are not allowed to know... You are blablabla...

You are the judge for the coolest book ever written, what book would get the award? Why?
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. I'm a huge fan of Edgar Allan Poe.

If you could choose one character from a book who would come here into our world, who would it be? 
Patch (Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick). There is just one word to describe him: HOT!

Name the top three dream jobs you'd like to have. 
Graphic designer, online editor and journalist.

If you had a shot at being in the front page of every newspaper or magazine in the world, what would be your favored headline?
"Best thriller of the year! The Project by Sonja Ingerl" Yeah, I know I'm heaving my head in the clouds *smile*

If you could write out the rest of your life, what would happen this year?
I would get into a great college and find a nice boyfriend!

One day, you suddenly woke up and found that you were a Hollywood celebrity. What is the first thing you will do?
Sleeping in? No just kidding. I would try to meet Chris Hemsworth.

If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
Honestly? No idea! I would try not to get run over by a car.

What invention would you like to offer to the world today?
More time (I know, that's not an invention but I think it would be an improvement in our increasingly fast-moving times).

My questions:
  1. What's your favorite book?
  2. Why did you start blogging?
  3. What kind of blogs do you usually read?
  4. What do you think about sappy love stories?
  5. Do you still read the book when you've already seen the movie?
  6. What's your favorite TV-Show?
  7. How many books do you own?
  8. How many book-boyfriends do you have?
  9. If you could only take three books with you, which would you choose?
  10. The last book you didn't finished? And why?
  11. Who is your favorite author?
I'm going to nominate:


Yeah, I know, I just nominated 6 blogs, but therefor, I really like them :)

4 comments :

  1. I'm a shopaholic for books too! :) I think it's cool you have 2 horses. I only rode on a horse once which was such a really long time ago! Great post! :) i like learning about other bloggers.
    By the way thank you so much for visiting. I'm a new GFC follower. Looking forward to your posts soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love horseback-riding (obviously ^^)
      Thank you :) I like these kinds of awards too! It is always a great way to get in touch with other bloggers.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! We really appreciate it!
    -Molly and Sarah

    ReplyDelete